We do not currently accept the Comprehensive portable /reusable tenant screening reports.
Applications are processed on a first come, first serve basis. Applications are considered as "received" when the completed application plus all supporting documents: last 3 months verifiable income (pay stubs or tax reports for self employed persons, reward letters, etc) as well as a copy of your Identification, plus the application fee has been received. These items must be received for all applicants if there are 2 or more persons applying together. In addition, you will need to bring your SS card to the lease signing.
Rental Criteria for Residency
- Occupancy is primarily based on the total square feet of living space, the City of Tacoma requires 200 sq feet per person, this can be rounded up so that 550 square feet could house 3 people. However, this can be further limited based on other factors such as: total bedrooms (average of 2 persons per bedroom), septic size (a septic approved for 3 people can only house 3 people, regardless of square feet), etc.
- Positive identifications with a picture will be required at the time of rental application.
- Each adult rental application will be required to qualify individually.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied and, if approved for tenancy and illegal drug use is later confirmed, the tenant shall be evicted.
- Any individual, whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex, or the property of others, shall be denied tenancy.
- Holding fee is equivalent to per day rent and will be charged from the day the home is ready to rent until occupancy.
- Monthly income should be equal to 2.5 time the stated rental amount, and must be from a verifiable and legal source.
- Income less than 2.5 times will require a qualified co/signer and/or last months rent to be paid in advance.
- Twelve months of current verifiable income will be required if used as the source of income.
- Self employed applications will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit their last two year’s tax returns.
- Twelve months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third party landlord or home ownership is required. References directly from THA or PCH are not considered as rental history.
- Otherwise co-signer may be allowed as an exception.
- Five (5) years of eviction free history is required. *some exceptions are allowed such as: (divorce or medical)
- Three (3) or more 72 hour notices within one year will result in the denial of the application.
- Three (3) or more NSF’s within one year will result in the denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent will result n the denial of the application.
- Credit score of 600 or more is required, negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require last months rent in advance, additional security deposits, and/or a qualified co-signer.
- Credit score of less than 600 and/or three (3) or more unpaid collections (not medical related) MAY be considered with a qualified co/signer and/or lasts months rent to be paid in advance (this will depend on the circumstances surrounding the low credit score and/or collections – you will need to prove they were not avoidable and/or malicious and/or purposefully committed)
Criminal Conviction Criteria
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed applicant has been convicted of , or pled guilty to or no-contest to, any crime. The following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes, and /or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug related offences (sale, manufacture, deliver, or possession with intent to sell);
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last 12 months for any other felony charge:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition release or parole have occurred within the last 5 years for : any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, drug related offences (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) property damage charges or weapon charges: or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition release or parole have occurred within the last 2 years for any B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty or prostitution.
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- Credit score of 700 or more is required, any negative or adverse debt showing the consumer credit report will not qualify for co-signing.
- Income needs to be minimum of 4 times the rental amount for the property that is being applied for, and must be a minimum of 12 months from a verifiable and legal source. Self employed applications will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit their last two year’s tax returns.