Application Policies and Procedures



Housing Academic Requirements

In an effort to further the goal of fostering a strong living-learning community, the Office of Student Housing has established the following academic requirements for eligibility in Student Housing, beginning in the Fall 2012 semester.

New GTC Students - High School or GED:

  1. Applicant must graduate from High School with at least a 2.0 Cumulative GPA. (Or with at least 70% if the high school uses a percentage method).


    Applicant must complete a GED with a minimum total test score of:

    2,400 points (if completed before Dec. 31, 2013) –OR–

    630 points (if completed after Jan. 1, 2014).

  2. Additionally, applicant must meet ONE of the following placement test scores –OR– be enrolled in college level classes:

NEW GTC Students – Transferring from a college or university

  1. Applicants transferring from a college or university must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA on college level transferrable classes.
  2. Additionally, applicant must be enrolled in college level classes at GTC –OR– meet one of the Placement Test scores in the table above.


  1. Current or former GTC students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA on college level classes.
  2. Additionally, applicant must be enrolled in college level classes at GTC.

Application Fees

Background Check

Approval and Move-In Conditions

Prior to moving into a housing assignment, an accepted applicant must:

Deferral Program Statement

I understand that all residents of GTF Student Housing are required to participate in the Financial Aid Deferral Program, if the Student Housing Fees are not paid in full prior to the start of the semester. By agreeing to this statement, I am authorizing GTF Student Housing to secure the amount owed to GTF Student Housing, equal to any unpaid Student Housing fees, from the Financial Aid Awards that I have received through Greenville Technical College. The funds will be deducted from my Financial Aid Award prior to the College providing me with any remaining refund. Should there be any issues with my Financial Aid Award or the Financial Aid Award amount does not cover the full amount of the Student Housing fees, for any semester that I reside in GTF Student Housing, then I will owe the remainder of the Student Housing fees upon notification by GTF Student Housing of this outstanding balance. Failure to complete all of the necessary paperwork with the Office of Financial Aid, including but not limited to: FAFSA, Financial Aid Award letter acceptance, loan counseling, or signing of promissory notes, etc., may result in the inability of the Financial Aid Deferral Program to cover the cost of the GTF Student Housing fees. I also understand that if this is the situation, then I will be responsible for paying those fees when notified. I also understand that failure to pay all of the Student Housing fees will result in my removal from GTF Student Housing, a hold placed upon my GTC student account, and possible referral to collections.

Housing Accommodation Requests for Students with Disabilities

GTF Student Housing will consider requests for reasonable housing accommodations by students who have a qualified disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It is the sole responsibility of the student to obtain and provide sufficient medical documentation supporting the need for an accommodation. Each request is considered independently.

An applicant wishing to request a housing accommodation must do so by contacting the Greenville Technical College Student Disability Services Office. The Student Disability Services Office's decision to make an accommodation will be based on the specific facts and circumstances as provided by the student, student's doctor and/or other qualified individuals. Further information may be requested, as needed, including sufficient supporting medical documentation.

The deadlines for submitting a request for a housing accommodation are:

For Fall Semester: July 15

For Spring Semester: November 15

GTF Student Housing cannot guarantee that an accommodation will be made for requests received after the above deadlines.

Supporting documentation should be provided to:

Office of Student Disability Services
P. O. Box 5616 (MS 1055)
Greenville, SC 29606-5616

Phone: 864.250.8202
Fax: 864.250.8990

The Student Disability Services Office will then contact the Office of Student Housing and notify the office that an applicant is in need of specific accommodations based upon a disability.

If the specific request cannot be fulfilled, the Student Disability Services office will work with the student to offer comparable alternatives, unless doing so would result in a fundamental alteration to its housing program or an undue financial burden for GTF Student Housing.

Service Animal Policies

Students who require the use of a service animal due to a disability must inform the Office of Student Disability Services, as outlined in the policy above, to have this accommodation request reviewed.

Residents who require a service animal will be required to do the following when the service animal is present in Student Housing:

Residents who will be rooming with a student who requires a service animal will be notified prior to moving into their assignments that someone in the apartment will need the use of a service animal.

The following is provided for informational purposes to all applicants, regarding the use of service animals.

A service animal is not a pet under federal law. According to the Department of Justice updates to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), that took effect March 15, 2011, a "service animal" is limited to a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. Some states have legislation that further defines a service animal.

Service Animal Etiquette

GTFSH Independent Living Statement

GTF Student Housing is an apartment style living-learning community located on the Barton Campus of Greenville Technical College (GTC). It offers full-time students of GTC an independent living experience.

Each student who resides in GTF Student Housing:

GTF Student Housing does not offer a dining hall or other meal service

Health and Safety inspections take place regularly throughout of the semester

Each building in GTF Student Housing provides a laundry room for the use of residents

Please note that the Student Housing buildings are located approximately 500 yards from the center of campus. Residents must be able to independently navigate to the academic and administrative buildings. Please note that transportation is not provided by GTF Student Housing or Greenville Technical College around any campuses or to locations off campus, including other GTC campuses.